Friday, May 20, 2016

Personal Post: What is Missing?

I feel that I am on the verge of something very important for my intellectual development. I have been thinking a lot and articulating a slew of concepts I believe will be indispensible for the future of my thought, among these being: formalysis, arche-tecture, intelligibility, form and formlessness, singularity, ontology, internality/externality, and esoteric concepts I have somewhat absorbed from the writings of Kenneth Grant, Aleister Crowley, Austin Spare, and related persons. Perhaps the mystical way to phrase my project would be the processual disarticulation of mysticism/God from the ineffable. Secularly, I would say I aim to study the singularity and intelligibility of conceptual systems (obviously, this is to find God in all things).

But I am still missing a key concept, or more likely, several of them.

Is there any way I can indicate precisely what is missing from my project? I admit that it has been difficult for me to envision what is missing, aside from vague gestures towards the "technicality" demanded by formalysis, that is, towards the considerable skill in formal logic and mathematics that is required for such an undertaking (I am working on this, but it is slow going). Furthermore, I cannot seem to gain even a vague notion of that final notion which would systematize formalysis as a project, and therefore a simple clarification or "going at the problem" does not seem very helpful.

No, what I need is really something more akin to a flash of insight, something that would change my understanding in a single blinding moment. The only reasonable course of action in this case is consequently to meditate deeply and for a long time, and to pair this with an ill-paced reading of the most diverse works of intellectual production. Academic philosophy in its usual guise does not really interest me insofar as I doubt the key will be found there.

But where will it be found? In all likelihood I already have the key, somewhere in my jumbled thoughts, and need only to have a flash of how it all ought to fall into place.

Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment